- Les Enfants du Marche ParisWhat could be more - dare I say romantic - than sitting at the counter of a Parisian market restaurant sipping on natural wines and eating market fresh seafood and produce? Not just any market, but the oldest and one of the most charming markets in Paris. Les Enfants Rouges...
- Wong Kee Restaurant 旺記打冷小菜館I’ve been studying Chinese part-time with a private tutor for several years now (started during the pandemic). Despite the fact that my Chinese has improved a lot, I’m still a bit nervous about eating at a restaurant with a menu that’s ONLY in Chinese. Not only is there the challenge...
- Frenchie Wine Bar (Frenchie Bar à Vins)We have a trusted foodie friend who knows Paris like the back of his hand. A couple years ago he sent us a list of his favorite restaurants in Paris ("THE LIST"). We've been slowly working our way through it these past few years (Le Baudelaire, La Dame de Pic,...
- Dublin Ireland Trip ReportStarting maybe around 2010 I started making an internal personal goal to visit at least one new location (preferably a new country!) a year. Perhaps I noticed I was constantly just going back to the same places over and over (e.g., Japan, UK), and I wanted to try to expand...
- Palazzo Parigi Milan, ItalyThis post is part of a larger series about our trip to Italy, including 2 Days in Milan, La Cucina dei Frigoriferi Milanesi, Birthday Weekend in Florence, Day Trip to the Chianti Classico Region, and A Week in the Italian Alps. One of my "signature dishes" that I often cook...
- Ricard Camarena Valencia SpainWe circled the block twice, walking right by the closed gate leading to the restaurant ”grounds”, before finally finding the entrance to this spectacular restaurant by Chef Ricard Camarena, certainly one of the most well-known and beloved chefs in Valencia. Chef Camarena runs a group of restaurants in Valencia. We...
Check out our most popular articles!
Latest Hong Kong Articles
Latest Europe Articles
Latest US Articles
Recipes by Category
I travel A LOT, and I always do extensive research about food before going to a new location. Therefore, if you’re planning on visiting a new place, definitely check out the places I’ve visited and written about in these locations when you’re planning your trip.
I grew up in Ohio (where I ate mostly my mom's cooking - see recipes above!), but spent 20+ years living in Cambridge, a college city right next to Boston. I've spent a lot of time trying food all over the US. There are certain places I visit almost annually, and thus know especially well, such as New York, Las Vegas, and both Northern and Southern California.
See more US travel posts
Other North + South America, AU/NZ
I have lived in Hong Kong for the past 5 years and thus have traveled quite a bit around the region (heh, until the pandemic came). Hong Kong and Japan are both magnificent food cities. One could spend a lifetime just exploring those two places alone. Taiwan is the place of my roots, and I have nostalgic memories visiting it with my family. Finally, these past several years I’ve been able to taste my way through numerous cities in Mainland China, as well as explored many locations throughout Southeast Asia.
I love Europe's rich history, stunning architecture, breathtaking landscapes, and incredible food. There's a sense of familiarity, perhaps because I spent so much time in Boston, a most "European-like" city in the US. Through the years I've had unique opportunities to explore many parts of this continent, both for work and pleasure. I never tire of it.
See more travel guides!→