- Forbidden Duck Causeway BayI have a friend who has been visiting us in Hong Kong regularly (from the US!) ever since we moved here in 2017. Every time he comes, there are a few favorite foods that he has to eat. One is any rendition of sweet & sour pork ribs (“咕嚕肉” or...
- Cheri Charlot Paris - A Simple Parisien LunchI love a good sandwich, but I'm extremely picky. The bread has to be crusty on the outside, but soft on the inside. The ratio of bread to fillings has to be just right, and I personally like have less meat and more veggies. I am a bit partial to...
- Le Petit Vendôme ParisBryan's in Paris right now. I'm a bit bummed I can't join him this time on his business trip. So instead I'll catch up on some way overdue posts about some of my favorite Paris places. I can't believe I hadn't written up some of these posts before. Another one...
- No. 9 SBI Canteen 9號軟庫飯堂 - Softbank Private KitchenMany people who are in-the-know say that this private kitchen is one of the best Cantonese restaurants in Hong Kong. In Hong Kong!! That's quite a statement, considering how many top notch Cantonese restaurants are here. It's nearly impossible to get a reservation at No. 9 SBI Canteen (or Softbank...
- Testina Hong KongI've really gotten quite spoiled with the amount of fantastic Italian food that exists in Hong Kong. Another new one that opened during the pandemic (in 2022) is Testina Hong Kong. Testina arose out of a collaboration between a restaurant in Milan, Italy called Trippa Milano and ZS Hospitality in...
- Estro Hong KongI think I first heard about Estro at Sushi Shikon (of all places!). You know, when you sit at a sushi bar, it's easy to strike up a conversation with the people sitting around you. We met this woman who was obsessed with food. She couldn't stop gushing about Estro....
Check out our most popular articles!
Latest Hong Kong Articles
Latest Europe Articles
Latest US Articles
Recipes by Category
I travel A LOT, and I always do extensive research about food before going to a new location. Therefore, if you’re planning on visiting a new place, definitely check out the places I’ve visited and written about in these locations when you’re planning your trip.
I grew up in Ohio (where I ate mostly my mom's cooking - see recipes above!), but spent 20+ years living in Cambridge, a college city right next to Boston. I've spent a lot of time trying food all over the US. There are certain places I visit almost annually, and thus know especially well, such as New York, Las Vegas, and both Northern and Southern California.
See more US travel posts
Other North + South America, AU/NZ
I have lived in Hong Kong for the past 5 years and thus have traveled quite a bit around the region (heh, until the pandemic came). Hong Kong and Japan are both magnificent food cities. One could spend a lifetime just exploring those two places alone. Taiwan is the place of my roots, and I have nostalgic memories visiting it with my family. Finally, these past several years I’ve been able to taste my way through numerous cities in Mainland China, as well as explored many locations throughout Southeast Asia.
I love Europe's rich history, stunning architecture, breathtaking landscapes, and incredible food. There's a sense of familiarity, perhaps because I spent so much time in Boston, a most "European-like" city in the US. Through the years I've had unique opportunities to explore many parts of this continent, both for work and pleasure. I never tire of it.
See more travel guides!→
- Forbidden Duck Causeway Bay
- Traveling during Covid: Our 3-Month Trip Around the World
- Yamato Yakitori Wan Chai right in our backyard!
- Celebrating Our 20th Anniversary at Taco Maria (During Covid)
- Happy Year of the Tiger!
- Happy New Year 2021! A Look Back at 2020
- A Weekend in Dongguan China
- Feuille Hong Kong by David Toutain - A Double Birthday Celebration
- Kardia Cafe Kunming China 從心開始