Welcome to my "Tiny Urban Kitchen", where I (Jen!) chronicle my food adventures in my kitchen and around the world. I've eaten at over 800 restaurants, developed close to 350 recipes, and have traveled to over 50 cities spanning 20+ countries and 5 continents. Have a look around, and enjoy!
- La Salita Valencia SpainOut of all the restaurants we visited in Valencia, La Salita was certainly the most hyped and most famous. Chef Begoña Rodrigo is talented, creative, and known for being bold and unconventional. She was the first winner of Top Chef Spain (in 2014), and has gone on to win numerous...
- El Poblet Valencia Spain -2 Michelin StarsEl Poblet is the original name of Quique Dacosta's (now 3-Michelin star) eponymous restaurant in Dénia. Chef Luís Valls, who worked side by side with Quique Dacosta for years, is now the executive chef at this "new" El Poblet, located in Valencia, which boasts two Michelin stars. We dined here...
- MercatBar by Quique Dacosta - ValenciaThis post is part of a larger series on Valencia outlined in the Valencia Trip Report. MercatBar is one of the more casual out posts of well-known celebrity chef Quique Dacosta's restaurant empire in Valencia. The words "mercat bar" mean "market bar." MercatBar pays tribute to the traditional tapas bars you...
- La Pepica Waterfront Paella - ValenciaThis post is part of a larger series on Valencia outlined in the Valencia Trip Report. Do you know where paella originates from? Valencia. In fact, the authentic, most local Valencian paella is made of chicken, rabbit, snails, green beans, and garrofó beans (similar to lima beans). Interestingly, there is no seafood....
- Llisa Negra Valencia SpainThis post is part of a larger series on Valencia outlined in the Valencia Trip Report. LLisa Negra is one of the more casual outposts of the Quique Dacosta group of restaurants, serving excellent paellas, seafood, and other Valencian classics (sometimes with a fusion twist!) in a fashionable space. Their philosophy...
- Central Bar by Ricard Camarena - Valencia SpainOne of the most fun things to do in Europe is to visit their traditional food markets. Many cities have a central market, and Valencia is no exception. The Central Market in Valencia is huge and it's a joy just to walk from aisle to aisle as your eyes feast...
SEARCH THE SITE
Check out our most popular articles!
Latest Hong Kong Articles
Latest Europe Articles
Latest US Articles
Recipes by Category
I travel A LOT, and I always do extensive research about food before going to a new location. Therefore, if you’re planning on visiting a new place, definitely check out the places I’ve visited and written about in these locations when you’re planning your trip.
I grew up in Ohio (where I ate mostly my mom's cooking - see recipes above!), but spent 20+ years living in Cambridge, a college city right next to Boston. I've spent a lot of time trying food all over the US. There are certain places I visit almost annually, and thus know especially well, such as New York, Las Vegas, and both Northern and Southern California.
See more US travel posts
Other North + South America, AU/NZ
I have lived in Hong Kong for the past 5 years and thus have traveled quite a bit around the region (heh, until the pandemic came). Hong Kong and Japan are both magnificent food cities. One could spend a lifetime just exploring those two places alone. Taiwan is the place of my roots, and I have nostalgic memories visiting it with my family. Finally, these past several years I’ve been able to taste my way through numerous cities in Mainland China, as well as explored many locations throughout Southeast Asia.
I love Europe's rich history, stunning architecture, breathtaking landscapes, and incredible food. There's a sense of familiarity, perhaps because I spent so much time in Boston, a most "European-like" city in the US. Through the years I've had unique opportunities to explore many parts of this continent, both for work and pleasure. I never tire of it.
See more travel guides!→
- Omotesando Koffee
- VerTige Brussels
- La Cucina dei Frigoriferi Milanesi - Milan
- Napa Valley Trip Report
- A Weekend Trip to Xiamen China
- Day Trip from Xiamen to Hui'An County in Quanzhou China
- Wai Kee Bowrington Road Cooked Food Centre Wan Chai
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice Hong Kong
- Ramen House Konjiki Hotogisu - Japanese Michelin starred Ramen in Hong Kong
- Brussels Favorites "That Pithivier Place" (Restaurant Bozar) and More