- Xishuangbanna: Hani Minority FoodThis post is part of a larger series detailing my trips to China earlier this year in 2023. Other posts in this series include Guilin & Yangshuo, Guilin & Yangshuo (Food + Lodging), Hangzhou, Yunnan (Poisonous Mushroom Hot Pot), Xishuangbanna Dai Culture & Cuisine, Xishuangbanna Gaozhuang Night Market, and Foreigners … Read more
- Gaozhuang Night Market Xishuangbanna 告莊夜市This post is part of a larger post about my recent trip to Yunnan Province. Other posts include Xishuangbanna Dai Cuisine & Culture, Poisonous? Mushroom Hot Pot, Jian Shui Yunnan Trip Report, and Foreigners Navigating Post-Pandemic Travel in China. For most people visiting the city of Jinhong in Xishuangbanna, Gaozhuang … Read more
- Xishuangbanna - Dai Cuisine & CultureThis post is part of a larger series detailing my trips to China earlier this year in 2023. Other posts in this series include Guilin & Yangshuo, Guilin & Yangshuo (Food + Lodging), Hangzhou, Yunnan (Poisonous Mushroom Hot Pot), and Foreigners Navigating Post-Pandemic Travel in China. Xishuangbanna is one of … Read more
- Restaurant Mora 摩 Hong Kong by Vicky LauI personally love tofu and soy in all its different forms, so I was quite excited to try this restaurant. In fact, I'm pretty sure Bryan wouldn't have chosen to come here himself, but he booked it because he thought I would really enjoy it. The 6-Course Tasting Cold Noodles … Read more
- Guilin Yangshuo Food + Lodging ReportThis is a two part series about Guilin and Yangshuo. The first part of this series focused on activities and places to visit. The greater Guilin area (which includes the town of Yangshuo) has a lot of unique foods. They are (not surprisingly) influenced by their neighbors, including Guangdong (Cantonese) … Read more
- Guilin & Yangshuo China Trip ReportThis is a two part series about Guilin. The other part is about food and lodging. My freshman year roommate was named "Guilin" - or at least that was her Chinese name. She came from a family of 6 kids (!), and each kid was named after a different city … Read more
Check out our most popular articles!
Latest Hong Kong Articles
- Restaurant Mora 摩 Hong Kong by Vicky Lau
- I'm Featured in the South China Morning Post! (SCMP)
- Wing Restaurant by Vicky Cheng
- Bryan's Birthday at 8 ½ Otto e Mezzo Bombana
- Godenya Hong Kong
- Chung Kee - Lockhart Cooked Food Centre Wan Chai
- Fiata Pizza Hong Kong
- Shun Kee Typhoon Shelter Boat Dining Causeway Bay
Latest Europe Articles
Latest US Articles
Recipes by Category
I travel A LOT, and I always do extensive research about food before going to a new location. Therefore, if you’re planning on visiting a new place, definitely check out the places I’ve visited and written about in these locations when you’re planning your trip.
I grew up in Ohio (where I ate mostly my mom's cooking - see recipes above!), but spent 20+ years living in Cambridge, a college city right next to Boston. I've spent a lot of time trying food all over the US. There are certain places I visit almost annually, and thus know especially well, such as New York, Las Vegas, and both Northern and Southern California.
See more US travel posts
Other North + South America, AU/NZ
I have lived in Hong Kong for the past 5 years and thus have traveled quite a bit around the region (heh, until the pandemic came). Hong Kong and Japan are both magnificent food cities. One could spend a lifetime just exploring those two places alone. Taiwan is the place of my roots, and I have nostalgic memories visiting it with my family. Finally, these past several years I’ve been able to taste my way through numerous cities in Mainland China, as well as explored many locations throughout Southeast Asia.
I love Europe's rich history, stunning architecture, breathtaking landscapes, and incredible food. There's a sense of familiarity, perhaps because I spent so much time in Boston, a most "European-like" city in the US. Through the years I've had unique opportunities to explore many parts of this continent, both for work and pleasure. I never tire of it.
See more travel guides!→
- Xishuangbanna: Hani Minority Food
- Gaozhuang Night Market Xishuangbanna 告莊夜市
- Xishuangbanna - Dai Cuisine & Culture
- Guilin Yangshuo Food + Lodging Report
- Guilin & Yangshuo China Trip Report
- Cheng Banzhang Taiwanese Delicacy Lai Chi Kok
- Foreigners Navigating Post-Pandemic Travel in China During Chinese New Year
- Hangzhou China Trip Report
- Poisonous(?) Mushroom Hot Pot in Yunnan
- Jian Shui Yunnan Trip Report