Welcome to my "Tiny Urban Kitchen", where I (Jen!) chronicle my food adventures in my kitchen and around the world. I've eaten at over 800 restaurants, developed close to 350 recipes, and have traveled to over 50 cities spanning 20+ countries and 5 continents. Have a look around, and enjoy!
- Llisa Negra Valencia SpainThis post is part of a larger series on Valencia outlined in the Valencia Trip Report. LLisa Negra is one of the more casual outposts of the Quique Dacosta group of restaurants, serving excellent paellas, seafood, and other Valencian classics (sometimes with a fusion twist!) in a fashionable space. Their philosophy...
- Central Bar by Ricard Camarena - Valencia SpainOne of the most fun things to do in Europe is to visit their traditional food markets. Many cities have a central market, and Valencia is no exception. The Central Market in Valencia is huge and it's a joy just to walk from aisle to aisle as your eyes feast...
- Casa Ripoll Valencia - Beachside PaellaThis post is part of a larger series on Valencia outlined in the Valencia Trip Report. We had just landed in Valencia and didn't know the city too well. Thankfully Bryan's co-worker had done lots of homework and researched best places to eat. He had read that one of the...
- Valencia Spain Trip Report - ItineraryHola Valencia! Out of all the cities we had on our Europe itinerary this past spring, I was probably most excited about Valencia. Sure, there was the anticipation of going to a new city. But it's also because it was Spain. I have loved every single Spanish city I've ever...
- Stuck in Quarantine (Song)Hi friends! Sorry for the silence lately. I was actually a bit distracted working on a song. At the end of September, Hong Kong announced some exciting news (especially for those of us who like to travel). Finally, finally, hotel quarantine requirements would be completely lifted! We would still need...
- VerTige BrusselsChef Sang Hoon Degeimbre is one of the more well-known chefs in Belgium. A self-taught chef, he became well known through his use of modern cooking techniques and hyperlocal ingredients (predominantly from the restaurant's own farm) at his flagship restaurant, L'Air du Temps (two Michelin stars), located out in the...
SEARCH THE SITE
Check out our most popular articles!
Latest Hong Kong Articles
Latest Europe Articles
- Llisa Negra Valencia Spain
- Central Bar by Ricard Camarena - Valencia Spain
- Casa Ripoll Valencia - Beachside Paella
- Valencia Spain Trip Report - Itinerary
- VerTige Brussels
- La Cucina dei Frigoriferi Milanesi - Milan
- Brussels Favorites "That Pithivier Place" (Restaurant Bozar) and More
- A Week in the Italian Alps - Solda /Sulden
Latest US Articles
Recipes by Category
I travel A LOT, and I always do extensive research about food before going to a new location. Therefore, if you’re planning on visiting a new place, definitely check out the places I’ve visited and written about in these locations when you’re planning your trip.
I grew up in Ohio (where I ate mostly my mom's cooking - see recipes above!), but spent 20+ years living in Cambridge, a college city right next to Boston. I've spent a lot of time trying food all over the US. There are certain places I visit almost annually, and thus know especially well, such as New York, Las Vegas, and both Northern and Southern California.
See more US travel posts
Other North + South America, AU/NZ
I have lived in Hong Kong for the past 5 years and thus have traveled quite a bit around the region (heh, until the pandemic came). Hong Kong and Japan are both magnificent food cities. One could spend a lifetime just exploring those two places alone. Taiwan is the place of my roots, and I have nostalgic memories visiting it with my family. Finally, these past several years I’ve been able to taste my way through numerous cities in Mainland China, as well as explored many locations throughout Southeast Asia.
I love Europe's rich history, stunning architecture, breathtaking landscapes, and incredible food. There's a sense of familiarity, perhaps because I spent so much time in Boston, a most "European-like" city in the US. Through the years I've had unique opportunities to explore many parts of this continent, both for work and pleasure. I never tire of it.
See more travel guides!→
- Napa Valley Trip Report
- A Weekend Trip to Xiamen China
- Day Trip from Xiamen to Hui'An County in Quanzhou China
- Wai Kee Bowrington Road Cooked Food Centre Wan Chai
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice Hong Kong
- Ramen House Konjiki Hotogisu - Japanese Michelin starred Ramen in Hong Kong
- Jen's Guide - Best Places to Eat in Hong Kong for Visitors!
- Day Trip to Chianti Classico Region
- Bozar Restaurant Brussels - 1 Michelin Star
- Restaurant Pages Paris