It meant we only had two full days at CES. Hardly enough time to absorb everything, but we tried our best.
My favorite concept at the booth was the concept of a flat induction cooktop that had the flexibility to heat anywhere on its surface, responding organically to whatever sized pot is placed on top of it. This flat cooktop would also provide access to social media, email, and the web (like recipes!).
Alas, this is a pure concept right now, and I'm not sure how long it will be before something like this is available in the marketplace. Can't wait for something like this to actually come out!
Finally, I saw some fun washer/dryers that had some pretty cool designs on them. I must say my current laundry room is not the most fashionable room in the house. It would be fun to jazz it up a bit with some style - maybe a colorful machine matched up with equally bold carpeting or something. Whirlpool is releasing two designs this year - a black diamond design and a chrome polka dot design, which you can see in the video. If those go over well, they'll expand the design selection in the years to come.
Speaking of the video . . .
I mentioned in my last post that I shot a video while I was at CES at the Whirlpool booth. The video is now LIVE! You can see it on Whirlpool's CES site or see it embedded below.
- Since Whirlpool 20/20 is all about a future focused on you, we, want to hear your ideas for it. Leave a comment below telling us your idea for the future for your home and be entered to win a $1,000 grand prize.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
BlogHer will pool entries from participating blogs and select a sweepstakes winner at random and will contact the winner with details about fulfilling the prize.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/2/14 – 1/18/14.
All Rights Reserved