January is always a crazy time for us.
Having barely recovered from holiday eating in both California and Ohio, we annually make our way to Las Vegas to attend the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Of course, there's so much good food in Vegas, the holiday binging just gets extended. Any possible semblance of New Years resolutions fly out the window. Ha ha, that's why it's nice to have Chinese New Year shortly following in February, sort of a second chance!
This year we spent an entire week in Vegas, thanks to generous food-loving friends who let us stay in their timeshare with them. On the dining front, we revisited some old favorites as well as try several new places. I will be highlighting these excursions in detail this coming week in the "Eating Las Vegas" series.
Can you guess where we went? I'll give you some clues.
Just to sweeten the deal, I'll do a drawing to give away one $25 Chefs Catalog gift card.
Ways to enter the Giveaway: (deadline - Wednesday, February 16. 2011)
1. Leave a comment guessing which restaurants are pictured below. (Bonus extra 4 entries (total of 5 entries in the drawing) if you're the first person to get all of them right)
2. If you're not familiar with Las Vegas restaurants, leave a comment telling me which photo is your favorite and why.
1. Blue corn pancakes with duck - a signature dish of this Food Network star.
2. Really? A restaurant that serves Mexican and Chinese food??
3. Quaint French Bistro - originally from Napa Valley
4. A second, larger outpost of a New York favorite that is legendary for being impossible to get into . . .
5. The menu says it all. There used to be one of these in Harvard Square when I was in college.
6. 90-day dry aged steak is the standard here. "Best steak I've ever had" said Bryan.
7. Enjoy beautifully executed French food while gazing at fountain shows and really really expensive art.
8. Traditional hand-pulled noodles right from the capital of China
9. Restaurant of this Top Chef Masters competitor as well as a judge at the S. Pellegrino Almost Famous Chef Nationals Competition
This is what you look like after about 3 weeks of non-stop eating.
Stay tuned for detailed posts about our experiences at each and every one of these places. Good luck on the giveaway, and have fun guessing. 🙂
Update! Congratulations to Michael for winning the $25 gift card!
This post is part of a larger Las Vegas series. Posts in this series:
Beijing Noodle No. 9
Joel Robuchon (The Mansion)
Enoteca San Marco
Related posts: Celebrity Chef Dining in Las Vegas
All Rights Reserved